On March 3, the Museum Center at 5ive Points will open a new exhibit, Novelties and Knick-Knacks, which will use objects from our members’ and visitors’ personal collections to explore the various reasons why people collect things. Museum members are especially encouraged to submit objects for this exhibit. Complete rules are below.
- The deadline for submission is Saturday, February 27, 2016.
- Entries are limited to one per person.
- Depending on the size of collection object(s), it may be appropriate for certain entries to include more than one object (coins and other small objects for example).
- Entries must be accompanied by a collector’s statement of at least 25 words in the form below explaining any or all of the following:
- Why he/she (the collector) collects these objects.
- What sparked his/her interest in them.
- The history of the collection.
- Any interesting stories or background information the collector finds relevant.
The Museum Center reserves the right to edit these statements for clarity or brevity. Entries not accompanied by a statement will be deemed ineligible. We reserve the right to reject objects which are potentially harmful or offensive. All objects will be returned following the close of the exhibit on October 22, 2016.
Please fill out the form below with information concerning your item. If you have questions please contact Curator of Collections, Sam Rumschlag at email@example.com or call 423-339-5745.