Have you ever wanted to learn paper piecing but had no idea where to begin? Have you looked at paper pieced quilts and thought, "I can't do that?"
Join David Gilleland and learn how easy and fun it is to create beautiful paper pieced blocks and quilts. This class will open up a new quilting arena in your life and give you a solid foundation to explore the wonderful world of paper piecing.
Rather than teach you just 1 block, like most beginning paper piecing classes, David has designed a 40x40 quilt named Star Voyage that will teach you all the basics of paper piecing while you create a beautiful quilt!
Upon completion of the class and the quilt, you will have achieved a foundation of the basic concepts and use of the tools required and be prepared for more advanced projects. If you need more time or assistance, David will remain until 5pm. You are welcome to stay and continue working on any unfinished blocks.
- Required Patterns at Hyderhangout Pattern to order here. $35.00 Museum members $25.00
- 12" Add-a-Quarter Ruler available for purchase the day of class
- Elmer's Washable Glue Stick available for purchase the day of class
- Sewing machine and extra needles
- Medium size cutting mat (18"x24")
- Rotary cutter
- Quilting ruler (6"x18" suggested)
- Fabric marking pen or pencil
- Small scissors for clipping threads
- Paper scissors
- Quality piecing thread to match fabric
- Seam ripper
- Straight pins
- Pencil and paper
We respect the work of others and cannot allow photocopies or sharing of patterns or books in class.
Fabric Requirements (recommended to have extra in case of mistakes):
- 2 yds Black or White
- 1-1/8 yds Blue Batik
- 1-1/2 yds Teal Batik
- 1/8 yd Yellow Batik
- 1/8 yd Pink Batik
Kits at Hyderhangout for special order. Color and fabric requests deadline is March 7. Kits to order here